How to prevent tooth filling from coming loose and Tooth Cleaning Process ?
The tooth filling is the way to get rid of the tooth cavity and gets filling in that cavity with some dental material like composite, amalgam(silver), gold, GIC etc.
The key to prevent tooth filling from loosing lies both from patient side and the dental professional side.
This will let the filling stay for long.
From patient side:
- Brush your teeth twice a day regularly for maintaining hygiene
- Floss your teeth to clear the interdental spaces from plaque
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue to get fresh air
- Replace your brush every 3 months
- Have more of the diet that contains fibers and less of the sticky foo
- Use fluoride gels to prevent further decay.
- Don’t grind your teeth to prevent wearing of tooth filling
- Try to massage gums if possible
From Dental Professional Side:
- Try to provide post filling instructions clearly
- Have follow ups with the patient
- Keep updated with the new and better materials available in the market
Along with these steps it is very important to provide go for regular dental checks (preferably 6 months) every year to prevent the filling from coming loose.
With all this, filling can stay long and let you smile. In case of any problem consult with your dentist as soon as possible.
What happens during a teeth cleaning?
Teeth cleaning can remove a build-up of plaque and tartar on your teeth, reducing gum inflammation and improving gum health.
Why tooth cleaning is important?
- stops gum disease
- fights bad breath
- protects roots of teeth
- promotes healthy gums
- prevents tooth loss
Steps to be followed during Teeth Cleaning
Firstly, examine the teeth
The dental hygienist uses a small mirror to check around your teeth and gums for any signs of gingivitis (inflamed gums) or other potential concerns.
Secondly remove the plaque and tartar
Dental hygienist uses a scaler to remove plaque and tartar around your gum line, as well as in between your teeth. The more tartar there is in your mouth, the more time they’ll need to scrape a particular spot.
Thirdly, professional flossing by dentist
A professional floss your teeth also removes any leftover plaque or toothpaste from earlier in the cleaning process.
Fourthly, use of post cleaning paste to polish the tooth and fluoride treatment
The last step of the cleaning process is a fluoride treatment. This treatment is used as a protectant for your teeth to help fight against cavities for several months.
Lastly, provide instructions for the oral hygiene maintenance
This will prevent further increase in plaque and tartar on tooth and prevent loss of teeth
Besides this, it is important to have regular dental check ups and post cleaning follow ups. Dental cleaning is recommended twice a year. This ensures the oral hygiene maintenance.
Read More:- https://lexicontalk.com/health/phleboliths/