The very common feature of Facebook, a group is a virtual room where multiple people can communicate with each other over shared interests. They can share multimedia and communicate with texts. You can form a group of family or friends. The group can have a large number of members. However, after the number exceeds 5000, some functions become unavailable. One important feature of a Facebook group is adding admins. An admin is a person who has maximum control over the group- add or remove members, edit group descriptions, display photos, group settings etc. There can exist more than one admin in a group. We will tell you here how to add an admin to a Facebook group.
You can add admins to a Facebook group on the Facebook app or in the web version of Facebook. We will show you how to make someone an admin on Facebook in both cases. However, only an admin can add more admins to the group.
On Facebook app
How to add an admin to a Facebook group on the app:
- Update the app if it is not up to date.
- After opening the Facebook App, click on Menu.
- From there, go to Groups. If you have problems finding it, click on See More.
- Click on Your Groups at the top. Select the group to which you want an admin.
- Click on the Member Photos located under the group name. The list of group members shows up on the screen.
- You will find there are three dots on the right-hand side of any member’s name in the list. Find the member who you’d like to add as an admin. Tap on the three dots beside that member’s name.
- From the pop-up list that appears, select Make Admin.
The steps for an alternative way for how to make someone an admin on the Facebook app-
- Follow the same steps as the first method till you select your desired group.
- On the top right corner of the cover photo, there is an Admin icon. Tap on it.
- From the pop-up list, click on Members under Membership.
- A list of all the group members shows up. And to the right side of each name, there are three dots
- Find the member you want to make admin and tap on the three dots to the right.
- Click on Make Admin from the pop-up list.
In both cases, an invitation will be sent to the member you have selected. Once the person accepts the request, he will be an group admin.
How to add an admin to a Facebook group
- Select the group on Facebook
- Under the group name, click on the Members tab.
- Under the Admins and Moderators option, click on the Invite Admins option.
- Select the group member you wish add as an admin.
An alternative method for how to make someone an admin on Facebook :
- Go to the group
- Click on the Members tab
- Find the group member you want to make admin and click on the three dots beside.
- From the pop-up list, click on the Make Admin option to send the member an invitation request.
The remaining process remains the same. The member must accept the request to become an admin.
However, there are some reasons why you might not be able to make someone an admin of the Facebook group.
- The person you want to make an admin must be an existing member of the group.
- The person might have joined too many Facebook groups.
- It also depends on that member’s Facebook privacy settings. Some settings might restrict you to add someone as admin.
- The member might be on your block list on Facebook.
- The person has deactivated his Facebook account.
- There are already five admins in the group. There can be at best five members in a group.
It is this easy! Now you know how to add an admin to a Facebook group. Just follow the steps! Thanks for your patience!